Bard High School Early College Newark
Full-Time (Short-Term) Faculty - Visual ArtsEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/124132
About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high school-age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Visual Arts, beginning October 2, 2023 through January 28, 2024.
Compensation: The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: NTU 2022 Revised Salary Progressions
Location: Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJ
Start Date: October 2, 2023 for the Fall 2023 semester
Position End Date: This position is meant to be a temporary, full-time leave replacement position, scheduled to end on January 28, 2024
We are pleased to offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package which includes; multiple heath insurance options; TIAA retirement plans; generous vacation, sick, and personal time; and more. To learn more about employee benefits and eligibility at Bard College, please visit https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.
- We are seeking educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels
- In addition, the chosen candidate will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service
- Interest in working with high school-age students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education
- A commitment to reducing and an openness to learning about potential barriers to inclusion are needed
- Ph.D., high school teaching experience, and/or experience working with youth is desirable
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/124132
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Questions: Inquiries may be directed via email to Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at [email protected]