Bard High School Early College Manhattan
Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/106344
The Technology Coordinator will work with school administration and instructional staff to plan, to develop, and to maintain the Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) computer and technology systems for both staff and students. This position will oversee all aspects of the school’s technology infrastructure, including anticipating and planning for future technology needs, ongoing upgrades, and advancing the use of technology for teaching and learning in an early college setting. This position will be responsible for the maintenance of all classroom and office computers, computer carts, remote learning devices and all school technology to support students and teachers. In additional, this position is responsible for network support and maintenance as well as account creation and support for multiple learning platforms, especially G-Suite components, including email and Google Classroom.Key Relationships:
You will work closely with school administrators, instructional staff and students to ensure that computer operations and technical services align with instructional needs. Interfaces with technical support staff located at DIIT on an as needed basis.Responsibilities
- Maintain all faculty, staff and student email accounts.
- Maintain, organize, and troubleshoot 200+ devices which include all computers (Apple and Windows), iPads, laptop carts, projectors, and all other AV equipment.
- Perform and conduct routine service in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing or replacing component parts in the school computers and devices
- Resolve issues with all electronic devices in the school building, including, but not limited to all administrator, teacher and support staff desktops, laptops, projectors and tablets.
- Purchase and install instructional and office support computer software.
- Manage all technology and computer purchases; maintains inventory and repair records.
- Schedule computer carts and ensures computer equipment is always ready for use.
- Maintain the computer lab space, assuring that it is organized and available for student use.
- Work closely with staff and school community providing training and support for the implementation and instructional use of devices and applications.
- Provide A/V support for Dean’s Hour and other school events.
- Facilitate the implementation of technology related grants and programs.
- Maintain school calendars and email groups.
- Maintain functionality of internet routers, ethernet, wireless devices, and school servers and server rooms.
- Manage the win2008 r2 server, including updating teachers' computers, installing printers, creating/deleting accounts, managing file backups for teachers, and backing up Media Archive to Google Drive.
- Serve as liaison with IT department at Bard College and other BHSEC campuses.
- Purchase, install and maintain printers.
The salary range is $55-$70K annually, depending on experience plus benefitsLocation:
Bard High School Early College Manhattan located at 525 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002Start Date:
July or August 2022
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and/or related work experience.
- Excellent collaboration skills and interest in being part of a team.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work under deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several technical responsibilities at once.
- Strong communication skills and excellent follow-up via email/phone.
- Ability to teach users about technology and build their capacity to use it
- Interest in working with high school age students who are also completing a college-level course of study, as well with faculty and staff in this setting
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement To Apply
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/106344
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- a letter of interest (cover letter)
- C.V. / Resume
- contact information for three references
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.Questions:
Inquiries may be directed via email with the subject line “Technology Coordinator Job Search” to Michael Lerner, Principal, at https://[email protected]
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.