Digital Content EditorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/93879
Bard College seeks a strategic, creative, and forward thinking digital content editor to join the Office of Public Relations.
The Digital Content Editor reports to the Director of Digital Communications, leading content strategy and development to drive enrollment, raise awareness of the College, and engage a range of constituents. The editor is responsible for creating website content, managing the digital newsroom, running the College’s main social media channels, writing feature articles, photographing campus events, and creating e-newsletters. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Act as a web content strategist, writer, and editor
- Support public relations initiatives, promoting press releases and media coverage of the College
- Write feature articles about campus events, academic research, and student and faculty activities
- Assume responsibility for copy editing, fact checking, and proofreading web content
- Coordinate with communications staff in Bard programs on and off campus to generate story ideas
- Engage in a variety of social listening, monitoring campus newsletters, social media, and other internal and external communications to keep abreast of news and events
- Monitor and co-manage campus calendars
- Photograph and cover live events on campus, posting to social media
- Supervise student writers and photographers, acting as content editor
- Analyze performance and stay informed on social media technology and trends
- Support, advise, and teach campus communications staff about social media and web content best practices
- Work closely with the Office of Web Services on creation of new websites and redesign of existing websites
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, English, communications, or related field
- Experience in feature writing, copywriting, copy editing, and public relations
- Expert writer accustomed to writing for a variety of media and audiences—especially the web—in a deadline-driven environment
- Expertise in social media, web-based content strategies, the mobile landscape, and content management systems
- Ability to edit the writing of others
- Experience in higher education a plus
- Experience with interviews and event reportage
- Strategic and conceptual thinker
- Highly organized with a proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Team oriented and flexible with excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested in, and able to speak to a diverse, intelligent, independent-minded, and creative audience
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a standard office environment
Please submit a cover letter, resume, a diversity statement and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/93879
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.