Bard High School Early College Newark
Full-Time Faculty - History of the Americas and/or Social SciencesEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/129419
About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high school age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, to access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in History of the Americas and/or Social Sciences, beginning September 2023. Expertise in teaching English is especially desirable. Candidates from social science fields such as political science, geography, sociology, and anthropology will also be considered, but all candidates must be able to teach most of their course load in history.
Compensation: The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: http://newark.nj.aft.org/sites/default/files/article_pdf_files/2019-09/salary_progressions_for_eboard.pdf
Location: Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJ
Start Date: September 2023
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
- We are seeking educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels
- In addition, the chosen candidate will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service
- Interest in working with high school age students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education
- A commitment to reducing and an openness to learning about potential barriers to inclusion are needed
- Ph.D., high school teaching experience, and/or experience working with youth is desirable.
Please apply with Bard College/Bard Early Colleges by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: https://apply.interfolio.com/129419
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three references
Inquiries may be directed via email to Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at [email protected]