Administrative Assistant - President's OfficeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/133481
The President’s Office is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to meet the demands and activities of a multi-faceted college president whose professional life includes fundraising, teaching, orchestra conducting, scholarly writing, and lecturing. The position requires the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to work effectively as a vital part of the President’s support team. This is a full-time, year round position, reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the President
- Answer phones
- Schedule meetings (Google calendar)
- Take dictation, draft and proofread correspondence
- Prioritize, distribute and respond to mail
- Direct and process, with tact, professionalism, and good judgment, all inquiries and/or requests from students, parents, staff and trustees, as required
- Maintain office filing system, including but not limited to, filing, retrieving and record retention
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Superior organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to function effectively and remain calm in a highly charged environment
- Capable of multi-tasking with accuracy and proficiency
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Sound judgement and strong professional boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of constituents
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Strong computer skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and internet research
- Proficient in the use of all standard office equipment
This salary range reflects the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation for the position at the time of the job posting. Salary decisions are dependent on several factors including but not limited to market and organizational considerations, experience, and qualifications of a selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
We are pleased to offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package which includes; multiple heath insurance options; TIAA retirement plans; generous vacation, sick, and personal time; and more. To learn more about employee benefits and eligibility at Bard College, please visit https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references through Interfolio.com by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/133481
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.