Special Events AssistantEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/131707
The Special Events Assistant will join the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs at Bard College. The office is dynamic, fast-paced, and mission-driven. The position reports to the Special Events Manager. Responsibilities include coordinating and assisting with the management of special events on campus and other locations for trustees, alumni/ae, friends, parents and other college constituents. Previous event planning experience required, preferably in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills are essential. Experience in a college or arts related environment is preferred. This is a full-time position on our campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY.
- Assist the Special Events Manager with the planning and execution of Bard College events, including, but not limited to Commencement/Reunion Weekend, Family and Alumni/ae Weekend, Alumni/ae Holiday Party, and other revenue-generating events
- Assist with all stewardship and cultivation events
- Craft email and marketing communications pertaining to events
- Assist the Special Events Manager with the planning of the college President’s entertaining
- Assist with maintaining event budgets by tracking project income and expenses
- Create and manage event registration forms in the CRM system
- Create event logistics memos and meet with campus departments including buildings and grounds, security, catering and environmental services as well as the audio/visual department for events as necessary
- Book appropriate spaces for each event; order rental equipment as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of related special event planning and management, particularly with large events (over 1000 guests)
- Work well in an office environment
- Highly organized with the ability to plan, organize, and direct multiple activities
- Ability to meet all project deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with budget preparation and management
- Self-motivated with ability to function independently
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite programs
- Ease in using and learning technology for communication, record keeping, and management of data
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- This position is required to work evenings and weekends as needed
For those who are benefits eligible, we invite you to visit Bard's benefits website to learn more about our employee benefit offerings.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/131707
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Bard
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Bard seeks to materialize our commitment to plurality, dialogue, and rigorous study. We strive to create a learning environment that upholds the College’s mission to meaningfully include the voices, works, and ideas of communities and cultures historically marginalized in liberal arts and sciences education. DEI at Bard aims to work at the systemic as well as the interpersonal level to address the implicit and explicit ways racism, sexism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and religious discrimination impact the education process.