Bard High School Early College Queens
Learning Commons CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/133255
About the Bard Early Colleges
Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty and have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic support.
Now in its third decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 3,000 students in campuses in The Bronx, Lower Manhattan, Queens, and Hudson, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Washington, D.C.; and Baltimore, Maryland. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Queens, a partnership between Bard College and the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) , invites applications for an Admissions Director to join our staff beginning in October 2023.
- Working with students individually, tutoring them in writing, math, and/or science, depending on the coordinator’s specialization;
- Working closely with faculty to monitor and support students who are struggling;
- Training peer tutors, scheduling, and supervising peer tutors;
- Create a schedule of tutoring hours when faculty members are available for tutoring;
- Training to become a College Transfer Advisor and advising a cohort of students and their families as they begin their applications to four-year colleges.
- Supervision and coverage of the library where the Learning Commons is located;
- Providing additional administrative support, as needed.
Location: Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Queens, 30-20 Thomson Ave., Long Island City, Queens, NY
Start Date: October 2023
Duration: Full-time ongoing
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000
We are pleased to offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package which includes; multiple heath insurance options; TIAA retirement plans; generous vacation, sick, and personal time; and more. To learn more about employee benefits and eligibility at Bard College, please visit https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.
- B.A. required
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with students
- Peer tutoring experience required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/133255. Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents a letter of interest, resume, a list of 3 references, including their contact information
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Principal, Laura Hymson, at [email protected]. Review of applications to begin immediately.