Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and Newark Public Schools (NPS) in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full time position as a Learning Center Coordinator, a position within the BHSEC Fellows program. BHSEC Fellows offer B.A. graduates an opportunity to provide student tutoring and support, inside and outside the classroom setting, while offering the Fellow an opportunity to explore urban education as a potential career interest. BHSEC Fellows are rotating positions, generally held for two to three years.
The Learning Center Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Participating in developing the curriculum for the College Experience – a college admissions preparatory class for Year 1 students and co-teaching the class;
- Supervision of study periods and substituting;
- Working with students individually, tutoring them in writing, math, and or science, depending on the Fellow’s specialization;
- Working closely with the other faculty and staff to monitor and support students who are struggling;
- Training peer tutors and scheduling and monitoring peer tutors;
- Being available to students for supports of all kinds;
- Providing additional administrative support, especially to the deans, as needed.
September or October 2023. Interviews will continue until a candidate is hired.Duration:
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) in Newark, NJNumber of Expected Hires:
$37,000 to $40,000