Bard High School Early College Manhattan
Writing and Learning Center Director (Bard High School Early College, Manhattan, NY)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/88066
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Manhattan, a partnership between Bard College and the New York City Department of Education, invites applications for a full-time position as a Writing and Learning Center Director.
The Writing and Learning Center Director’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing individual student support in writing in all academic disciplines and at all grade levels, including the writing of academic essays and lab reports
- Assisting students with college application essays
- Designing and delivering writing workshops
- Training, scheduling and evaluating peer tutors in all academic areas
- Teaching 1-credit pedagogy practicum associated with peer tutoring
- Working closely with faculty members to monitor and support students who are struggling academically
- Recruiting and scheduling faculty members for open subject-specific tutoring hours
- Structuring and supervising general study periods
- Maintaining records of student contact hours
- Providing additional administrative support as needed.
The Writing and Learning Center Director’s qualifications include:
- M.A. or M.A.T. in writing-intensive academic concentration
- Classroom experience in writing instruction
- Interest in working with adolescents
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering equity in education
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to early college programs
- Experience and/or interest in working with special education students
Qualified and interested applicants should upload:
- A letter of interest
- Writing sample
- Curriculum vitae
- Names of three references
Your cover letter can be addressed to:
Writing and Learning Center Director Search
Attn: Dean William Hinrichs
Bard High School Early College
525 East Houston Street
New York, NY 10002
Inquiries may be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Women and members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.