Designer/Production Manager, Bard College Publications OfficeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/104661
The Publications Office at Bard College seeks a versatile, creative, and detail-oriented graphic designer/production manager to help produce some of the most visible print publications put out by the College. The person is part of a team of designers and editors whose goal is to present the College in a positive light and disseminate materials that are accurate, informative, and readable.
This is an person, full-time, 12-month per year exempt position. Please note that no vacation time is permitted during the month of May because of Commencement responsibilities.
The successful candidate is able to work simultaneously on multiple projects and is able to prioritize.
College documents put out by the Publications Office include myriad Commencement-related materials; brochures, viewbook, and other timely materials for the Admission Office; the twice-yearly Bardian magazine; posters and announcements of events, such as lectures and concerts, and their programs; essays about orchestral music, opera, theater, and dance for Bard SummerScape, the Bard Music Festival, and other occasions; and informational materials for branches of the extensive Bard network.
- Strong imagery research skills for projects such as the College magazine and music festival publications.
- Obtain digital files of stock photos or fine art reproductions, or commission work for projects as needed, some of which require extensive permissions that involve artist rights agencies, fee payments, direct contact with the artist, artist’s estate, galleries, or museums, both domestic and abroad; obtain accurate title and credit for all imagery for all projects.
- Accompany photographers around campus, if necessary, for a variety of events, classroom photo shoots, specific portraits, and Commencement.
- Attendance at Commencement events is mandatory in order to oversee photography.
- Duties will also include a variety of deliveries and pick-ups around campus (must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car).
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please send resume, cover letter, PDF or online portfolio, and the contact information for three references to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/104661
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.