Bard College at Simon's Rock
Student Accounts and Accounts Payable SpecialistBard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock, located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, seeks an experienced and knowledgeable professional to support the Business Office of the College.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Finance and Administration, the Student Accounts and Accounts Payable Specialist performs the following duties:
- Communicate with students and families about account questions, including status, late or past due payments, charges and fees
- Accurately input payments to student accounts in a timely manner
- Print and mail monthly statements, and as needed by request
- Provide international student statements to families via email monthly when statements are sent out and as needed by request
- Maintain student files and file items in a timely manner
- Distribute invoices to proper departments for payment approval
- Gather and review invoices for payment; reconcile vendor statements with invoices
- Accurately input accounts payable into Banner
- Review accounts payable, forecast payments, manage accounts payable weekly budget, and print checks on weekly basis
- Maintain accounts payable spreadsheets for accurate record-keeping
- Communicate with internal and external constituents about invoices and payments
- Distribute checks, maintain accurate documentation, and file items in a timely manner
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- Demonstrated experience in accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Approachable, collaborative, service-oriented interpersonal manner
- Distinct record of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Proven background in attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Banner by Ellucian financial applications preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle situations tactfully and courteously with a diverse audience
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This position is a full-time, hourly, benefits-eligible position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. COVID-19 vaccination with booster(s) or approved exemption is required as a condition of employment at Simon’s Rock. Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and socioeconomic levels as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.
Applicants should send a letter of interest, résumé and contact information for three references to Karen Advokaat, Associate Director of Finance and Administration, with “Student Accounts and Accounts Payable” in the subject line ([email protected]).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.