Stewardship ManagerEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/121881
Bard College, a four-year liberal arts college located 90 miles north of New York City, is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to join the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs as the Stewardship Manager.
About Bard College
Building on a 150-year history as a competitive and innovative undergraduate institution, Bard College's mission has expanded across the country, around the world, and to meet broader student needs. Now, approximately 2,000 undergraduates study in Annandale, NY and more than 200 graduate students study in Bard programs, plus nearly 1,000 students in our early colleges. Total enrollment for Bard College and its global affiliates is approximately 5,000 students. The undergraduate program at our main campus in the Hudson River Valley of upstate New York retains a reputation for scholarly excellence and civic engagement. We are committed to enriching culture, public life, and democratic discourse by training tomorrow's thought leaders.
The Stewardship Manager’s role is to ensure the successful creation and implementation of a strategic stewardship program for the College and elevate the role of stewardship and donor appreciation throughout the College. Reporting to the Director of Leadership and Planned Giving, the Stewardship Manager will develop and implement personalized stewardship plans for top donors and comprehensive stewardship strategies for donors at all giving levels.
- Develop, manage, and execute stewardship programs and events for all donor levels designed to enhance and strengthen the College’s relationships with donors.
- Work closely with fundraisers to develop and implement personalized high-touch stewardship strategies for major donors.
- Build buy-in and collaborate across the entire organization to collect, assess and utilize stewardship assets and repurpose them as needed to maximize donor satisfaction.
- Ensure that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties, and that the executed plan is documented, implemented and included in Slate.
- Work with the Special Events team to arrange and oversee stewardship meetings and events.
- Collaborate with frontline fundraisers, Publications, and Communications departments to develop stewardship communications plans and materials.
- Work with stakeholders across the College to create a menu of recognition opportunities to be strategically leveraged with key and prospective funders.
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure that stewardship programs are in line with professional standards and meet donor expectations.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of stewardship programs, events, and/or other recognition activities.
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of key principles of major fundraising
- Demonstration of exceptional skills in written and verbal communications
- Keen understanding of donor needs and requirements
- Collaborative work style and ability to influence people across an organization and external partners to drive results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Please upload a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/121881
Applications will be reviewed as received.