Managing Director of Human ResourcesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/121789
Bard College is seeking applications for the position of Managing Director of Human Resources. The Managing Director is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Office of Human Resources, ensuring a smooth workflow between functional areas and ensuring accurate and timely service to employees. The Managing Director will develop, update, implement and coordinate policies, programs and procedures in support of employment (on and off boarding), orientation, retirement plans, leaves of absence (STD, LTD, FMLA, WC, etc.) and other employee benefits as well as records management. This incumbent is responsible to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as contract and policy provisions. The Managing Director works closely with the Assistant Vice President of Administration in the delivery of services, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Directs daily operations of the Office of Human Resources; ensures timely and appropriate resolution of employee inquiries, issues, and investigations.
- Oversees all aspects of the college’s benefits programs including but not limited to: health and dental insurance, 403(b) plans, supplemental insurances, life insurance, paid time off, leaves of absence, Workers' Compensation matters, tuition benefits, and more.
- Oversees and manages the HR system including personnel records; and interprets, reviews, and coordinates updates to personnel policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Prepares and/or reviews all new hire letters and maintains salary information on all employee groups.
- Oversees the timely and accurate processing of all matters related to incoming and outgoing employees.
- Assists in the resolution of personnel and other legal issues through coordination with staff and the outside counsel.
- Develops and implements department operational objectives, policies and procedures; formulates and implements recommendations for the continuous improvement of the department.
- Prepares reports and conducts analysis both at scheduled intervals and on-demand as needed.
- Oversees the annual 403(b) audit, working closely with the finance office and outside consultants.
- Develops and delivers training programs and workshops; coordinates benefits/vendor workshops.
- Other duties, projects and committee/task force participation as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or related field.
- 5-7 years Human Resources experience in a fast-paced environment with competing demands requiring excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, relationship building, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Minimum of three years of experience administering employee pension/benefits programs.
- Experience and knowledge related to employment or labor law, including employment of non-citizens.
- Experience using MS Office Suite and an ERP database system with a general adaptability to new technology solutions.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including strong human relations skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Administrative experience in a college, government or similar setting.
Please upload a cover letter, resume and list of three professional contact references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/121789
Applications will be reviewed as received.