Center for Curatorial Studies
Deputy Security and Facilities Manager, CCS Bard Hessel Museum (Full-Time)Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/96289
Download: Bard College application of employment.pdf
The Hessel Museum of Art seeks an experienced professional for the position of full-time Deputy Security and Facility Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the visitor services, security and monitoring of the CCS Bard facility and Hessel Museum activities as directed by the Director of Security and Facilities, and Director of Exhibitions and Operations. The Deputy Security and Facility Manager will be responsible for ensuring the safety of campus students, staff and faculty, and the security of collection assets at the Hessel Museum following standard museum practice. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Ensure the CCS Bard facility—including the Graduate Program, CCS Library and Archives, and Hessel Museum—are a safe, secured, and welcoming environment for all Bard students, faculty, staff, and non-Bard community including museum visitors. Responsible for the professionalism of all front of house Security guards and supporting the needs of Visitor Service personnel.
- Support the mission of the museum as it relates to contemporary art and the diverse cultures it represents. Foster professional museum standards in all activities and provide leadership and current knowledge in museum security.
- Manage CCS Bard security personnel in performance and training; track and ensure appropriate certifications as required by New York State and Bard College.
- Adapt and respond to all current COVID-19 policies and procedures as required by Bard College’s COVID Response Team and outlined by the Director of Exhibitions and Operations.
- Act as liaison with Bard College Physical Plant managers, Environmental Services managers, and CCS Bard Library, Archives, and Museum Collections and Exhibitions staff to ensure that the facility conditions meet museum standard and support the programs and activities housed within.
- Prepare a monthly security staff schedule that supports the programs of the organization.
- Ensure daily monitoring of all mechanical and physical functions of the facility.
- Keep security monitoring and camera systems functioning and up to date.
- Submit and track work orders for a wide variety of facility issues.
- Liaise with Bard College Fire Safety manager to schedule and monitor monthly, semi-annual and annual fire safety inspections. Maintain files related to inspections.
- Conduct triannual fire drills and extinguisher checks.
- Collaborate in the development of the safety/security and visitor access related policies and procedures of CCS Bard and the implementation of those policies.
- Participate in the further development of the museum’s disaster preparedness plan and coordinate the response team.
- Collaborate with museum staff in formulating exhibition related instructions and guidelines for security staff procedures for operating audio/visual equipment and other exhibition related functions and interactions.
- Collaborate in the hiring, training, and supervision of student workers as part of the visitor services team.
- Coordinate Security staffing for Blithewood Mansion as needed for college events.
- Provide departmental budgetary needs.
- Maintain interior facility signage
- Maintain relationships with Bard College campus Security Directors and staff.
- Stand post as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required; Minimum 3 years of security or hospitality experience; museum security experience a plus; strong interest in representing the mission of the school, museum, and contemporary art.
- Must maintain a current New York State Security License.
- Must a valid New York State Drivers License.
- Familiarity with standard museum procedures as they influence security and facility management.
- Experience with personnel management, security enforcement and asset management, and facility systems.
- Strong management abilities to lead, direct, motivate, and evaluate staff.
- Ability to articulate components of security program and integrate museum visitor services activities with the security program.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; must be a strategic thinker.
- Position requires good character references and good health, especially in hearing and eyesight, and good personal habits, such as neatness and dependability.
- Position requires mental alertness, emotionally stable and physically fit to deal with emergencies.
- Attention to accuracy, ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and strong follow up skills required.
- Acceptance to diverse, open-minded behaviors and/or actions.
- Ability to deal with and use discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong literate, verbal, and written skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to use equipment, such as hand radio, computer and telephone.
- Must be available to work weekends/evenings and Holidays
Submit a Bard Employment application and/or a cover letter and resume at Interfolio.com by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/96289
If you are not able to submit your application on Interfolio, please use one of the following methods:
- Human Resources office, Ludlow, Basement
- Mail: Bard College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
- FAX: (845) 758-7826
- Email: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.