Donor Stewardship SpecialistEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/116630
Reporting to the Director of Development Services in the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs (ODAA) of Bard College, the Donor Stewardship Specialist is responsible for acknowledging gifts and pledges of charitable contributions to the College and its programs by producing accurate receipts and stewardship correspondence. Donors represent a broad range of parties including alumni/ae, friends, families, as well as corporations and foundations.
The Donor Stewardship Specialist will learn to expertly use the Development Office’s Slate CRM (constituent relationship system) to draft customized emails and print letters which strengthen the bonds that donors feel to the college. They will orchestrate the review of draft documents by Gift Officers as appropriate. They will also coordinate with Development staff throughout the institution to archive externally produced stewardship documents in accordance with procedures.
The position is located at Bard College’s main campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., home to 1,900 undergraduate students. ODAA also serves the College’s multiple graduate programs, the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts, the Hessel Museum of Art, the Bard Prison Initiative, the Bard Early Colleges across the country, and a number of international campuses and partnerships.
- Generate and send receipts for gift and pledge payments
- Draft acknowledgment communications for senior gift officers and manage their customization and distribution
- Use the Slate CRM to automate the creation of acknowledgment communications to the fullest extent possible
- Generate reports that support colleagues in other departments who also acknowledge gifts
- Create stewardship reports for the sponsors of scholarships, awards and prizes
- Receive and archive acknowledgments created by colleagues in other departments
- Assist in maintaining correct address/contact information for donors in the Slate CRM
- Create annual statements for recurring monthly and other select donors
- Provide periodic backup coverage for ODAA’s main phone line and front desk
- Assist with campus-wide events, such as Commencement/Reunion Weekend, Arrival Day, and Family Weekend and other events as needed
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan, organize, and track multiple priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to “manage up”, interacting with administrators in and out of the department to coordinate their stewardship activities
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- A strong commitment to the ethical handling and management of highly confidential financial and personal information
- Strong work ethic with the ability to manage tasks independently while remaining a member of a dynamic and fast-paced office
- Customer service orientation
- High school diploma; B.A., B.S., or A.A. preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly including mail merge
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Willingness to work during peak processing periods, specifically, mid-December through mid-January, and mid-June through mid-July.
- Skilled at building relationships within an organization that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Knowledge of Technolutions’ Slate or other CRM system, particularly as used to support non-profit fundraising.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Constant Contact or similar email/marketing tools
- Any level of understanding of HTML and CSS
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references (including email address and phone number) to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/116630