Student Health Nurse PractitionerEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/115524
Bard College Health Services is seeking an independent, dynamic Family Nurse Practitioner for a full-time salaried position providing primary care to college students in beautiful Annandale-on-Hudson, NY. This position offers a rare quality of life in the medical field with ½-hour appointments, collaboration with colleagues, off-site programming opportunities and breaks following the academic school year.
The Student Health Nurse Practitioner provides primary health services for undergraduate, graduate, and special studies students. This is a benefits-eligible 10-month position at 35 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters. Schedule may include very limited evening hours. Experience preferred; will consider training new graduate if excellent fit. Candidates reflecting the diversity of our student body are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide and document assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of illness or injury in Health Services (HS) Office in accordance with the Practice Protocol of the NYS Department of Education
- Maintain appropriate NYS license and comply with Continuing Medical Education requirements
- Communicate with other HS staff, private health care providers, college departments, community agencies and organizations to assist in serving student health needs
- Review Emergency Department records, laboratory and imaging reports; make follow-up calls to students as indicated; communicate with parents/guardians as appropriate
- Provide emergency response in the HS office and immediate vicinity, including administration of first aid, assistance with emergency transportation, and appropriate referrals
- Research health and wellness topics for students and staff; assist in health education and creation of HS materials
- Participate in HS Policy and Procedure Development and Quality Review
- Promote and participate in College wellness activities and events
- Develop and provide educational programs and health information to students on an individual and group basis
- Collaborate in selection of medical supplies and equipment
- Collaborate with HS staff in adherence to safety, cleanliness and preparedness standards
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and either a Master’s Degree or Post-Master’s Certificate from an accredited school of nursing; experience as a NP in ambulatory care preferred.
- New grads will be considered.
- Candidate must have current Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner, New York State license as RN and NP, ACLS or BLS certificate, and Certificate of Infection Control.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/115524