Bard College at Simon's Rock
Assistant Director for Visits and EventsEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/124431
The Assistant Director for Visits & Events takes initiative to ensure that all public-facing admission visits and events, both in-person and virtual, represent the institution in the most positive manner possible and meet the needs of attendees. The core responsibility of the position lies in thorough planning, coordination, and management of such activities in cooperation with other members of the Admission team, campus stakeholders, and student representatives. An understanding of public relations and commitment to visitor experience is a key component of the role, as is the flexibility to adjust to changing situations gracefully.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. For nearly 60 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape, practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued. Six years ago, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year high school for 9th- and 10th-graders on the path to starting college early. The campus is located on 275 acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, a hub of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires are a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination.
- Creates an exemplary visit experience, both in-person and virtual, for prospective students, families and educators.
- Selects and supervises a team of student representatives and provides training, development, and support. Coordinates and implements the student representative tour assignment schedule and program.
- Supervises and collaborates with the front desk student representatives.
- Coordinates, mentors, and trains students for panels, campus tours, events, and overall representation of the institution.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements on-campus events, including coordinating space rentals/reservations, food, space planning, and transit arrangements. Responsible for event registration and associated logistics. Creates special communications and invitations.
- Manages the prospective student chat platform, monitors and moderates traffic, and coordinates student representative participation on the platform.
- Regularly evaluates event and visit program effectiveness.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Department and Admission Operations to promote all events.
- Creates and maintains a welcoming and positive atmosphere in the admission reception area.
- Coordinates the preparation of daily materials, including but not limited to: visit schedules and prospective student folders.
- Coordinates mailings to prospective students.
- Makes necessary connections, well in advance, to institutional representatives (such as faculty and staff) for families as needed or requested.
- Organizes data for regular or special reports such as yearly comparisons or surveys.
The position is a 40-hour per week position, typically Monday through Friday 9am-5pm (alternatively, Tuesday through Saturday 9am-5pm, per availability and department needs) with some evening event coverage. Occasional weekend work may be required. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. COVID-19 vaccination with booster(s) or approved exemption is required as a condition of employment at Simon’s Rock.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Submit your files to interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/124431. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.