Head Men's Basketball CoachEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/125820
The Athletics department at Bard College seeks a Head Men's Basketball Coach. The Head Men’s Basketball Coach reports to the Director of Athletics on all matters related to the responsibilities listed below. The individual is a member of the College’s Student Services staff and participates in related meetings and on select committees. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. This is a full-time, year-round position on our campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY.
- The Head Men’s Basketball Coach recruits, instructs, and leads student-athletes within the philosophy of the College, Athletic Department, Liberty League, and NCAA Division III, and ensures a safe, equitable, positive environment for all student-athletes on the team to develop and improve both individually and collectively.
- Recruits an academically qualified, diverse, engaged, and enthusiastic roster of student-athletes through travel to events, phone calls, email, social media, and other means and platforms.
- Utilizes ARI, the department’s recruiting software, and regularly interacts with the Bard Admission office.
- Assists student-athletes in the process of navigating college, including academic, athletic, social, and other concerns.
- Communicates issues to department staff and Bard Student Services staff as necessary.
- Trains and prepares student-athletes for intercollegiate competition through practices, video review, and other means.
- Attends all contests, accompanies the team on trips, and assumes responsibility for the management and conduct of the team on and off the court.
- Ensures the safety and health of student-athletes in coordination with Athletic Trainers. Supervises and directs coaching staff on all team matters.
- Ensures that all department, college, league, and NCAA rules and regulations are understood and followed by student-athletes and coaching staff.
- Attends coaches’ meetings and other events as required.
- Works with the department’s Business Manager on all items related to the program’s budget, including team travel, equipment and gear, recruiting, and other expenses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of program inventory, including uniforms and equipment, and upkeep and presentation of the Stevenson Gymnasium.
- Assists department in revisions in areas of gym and facility safety, program risk management, policy making and staffing development.
- Experience as a player or coach is necessary, including having worked effectively with student-athletes from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in college athletics recruiting is desired.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and travel outside of 100-mile radius as required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/125820
In the cover letter, please include short statements on each of the following:
- What personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position?
- What will make you different from the other candidates applying for this position?
- How would you create and maintain a team environment that demonstrates and upholds a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Bard seeks to materialize our commitment to plurality, dialogue, and rigorous study. We strive to create a learning environment that upholds the College’s mission to meaningfully include the voices, works, and ideas of communities and cultures historically marginalized in liberal arts and sciences education. DEI at Bard aims to work at the systemic as well as the interpersonal level to address the implicit and explicit ways racism, sexism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and religious discrimination impact the learning process.