Bard High School Early College Queens
Special Education Teacher: Bard High School Early College QueensEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/85272
Bard High School Early College Queens, a partnership of Bard College and the New York City Department of Education, invites applications for a full-time position beginning Fall 2021. BHSEC, a national model in the field of public school reform, enables talented and highly motivated students to move in four years from the ninth grade through the first two years of college, with many earning an associate of arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College as well as a high school diploma. The academic program emphasizes small class size and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal arts environment.
BHSEC Queens is seeking a licensed special education teacher to teach in our program. The successful candidate will be working with an awesome team of students, families, and teachers to accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of students requiring ICT services
- Co-teach in classrooms
- Collaborate with faculty to address needs of individual students; design assignments and provide discipline-specific support for students
- Assess students and identify supports that promote optimal learning
- Provide direct services to students in one-on-one and small group sessions
- Write Individualized Education Plans for students on your caseload
- Interest in working with faculty on inquiry approaches to teaching and learning as well as promoting best practices based on students’ IEPs.
- Update records on SESIS as applicable
- Communicate regularly with families to keep them informed and make them partners in students’ progress.
To apply, send a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, contact information for at least three references, and a brief (c. 250 word) description of an experience you had as a student or as a teacher that has influenced your teaching. These documents can be submitted through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/85272
For relatively recent graduates, please also upload a copy of your undergraduate and graduate school transcripts.
Bard High School Early College Queens is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.