The Bard Early Colleges (BECs) are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,900 students in campuses in Lower Manhattan and Queens, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.Position Description
Bard invites applications for a dynamic individual who will join our team at Bard Early College in New Orleans (BECNO), LA. The position will start as soon as possible and is a 12-month contract. Position Duties
This position will work in a fast-paced environment that requires self-direction and the ability to handle multiple priorities and a variety of strategic, engagement and registrar tasks. This position will report directly to the Executive Director (ED). The Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator will have a leading role in the growth and sustainability of BECNO. They will be responsible for cultivating current partnerships and expanding the sustainability of the program. Responsibilities include:
- Increasing the growth and sustainability of the program by increasing enrollment, strengthening/adding partnerships, and researching and reporting on dual enrollment opportunities and funding in Louisiana.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the New Orleans high school landscape
- Conducting research on dual enrollment pricing structures
- Archiving and maintain researched data
- Attending dual enrollment task force and other relevant meetings
- Conducting monthly meetings with VP of Early Colleges and Executive Director to offer next steps recommendations
- Assisting in arranging meetings with relevant parties
- Supporting Dean of Students during admissions cycle for 10 hour per week in March, April, and May
- Acting as secondary liaison (after Dean of Studies) to Bard-Annandale and the Office of the State Superintendent of Education and State Dept. of Education on all issues related to student grades and transcripts.
- Managing annual campus enrollment in the Supplementary Course Academy (SCA).
- Supporting the Associate Dean of Studies with tracking college credits at BECNO and develop the schedule
- Creating Powerpoint presentations, one-pager with stats, and other marketing materials
- Supporting articulation agreement efforts with colleges and universities in Louisiana
$40,000 Annual Salary plus benefitsWork Location:
- Bard Early College in New Orleans