Center for Curatorial Studies
Administrative and Development Coordinator, Center for Curatorial StudiesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/98113
The Center for Curatorial Studies at Bard College (CCS Bard) is seeking candidates for an Administrative and Development Coordinator to provide support for both the museum and graduate program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for the Executive Director and the Director of Administration and Development for all fundraising initiatives, including annual campaigns, grant requests, gift acknowledgements, and other donor correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of grant requests for national, state, and local government agencies, as well as for private foundations, and ensure requirements for awarded grants are completed accurately and on time
- Maintain an annual development schedule for foundations and work with colleagues to generate new foundation support;
- Conduct research on prospective donors and foundations, in cooperation with the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs, particularly the Office of Prospect Research
- Assist the Director of External Affairs with coordination and management of special events, such as exhibition openings, conferences, lectures, and public programs, as well as the Center’s annual award benefit dinner
- Work with colleagues to plan and manage engaging programming for the Bard Arts Council patrons group as well as other events
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, fundraising mailing lists, and donor records
- Provide support to the Director of Administration and Development with managing the Center’s operating and project budgets, including assisting in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual reports, and maintenance of financial records
- Assist with the maintenance of the Executive Director’s consulting, travel, and expense records
- Possess excellent writing skills, and the ability to compose a variety of materials including correspondence, formal letters, grant requests, email and mail campaigns
- Other general administrative duties such as answering the phone, filing, processing payment requests, maintaining press files and clippings, and other tasks as assigned
The successful candidate must have previous administrative experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills. He/she must be detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow through. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, where high attention to detail is demonstrated; also be able to work independently and well under pressure, performing many tasks simultaneously. Experience in a museum setting and knowledge of contemporary art preferred. Development experience a plus.
Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations, resume and the contact information for three references on interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/98113
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities