Assistant RegistrarThe Assistant Registrar is responsible for a wide range of academic and administrative functions that support students, faculty, and internal and institutional constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the scheduling and room assignments for all classes for each academic term, as well as the creation of each semester’s course list.
- Supervision of support staff, overseeing all facets of daily operations of the Office of the Registrar, including grade and transcript processing. Collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff to facilitate and improve services to students.
- Maintenance of accurate records for undergraduate and graduate students, ensuring compliance with FERPA and other state and federal laws and regulations.
- Advise students and faculty concerning academic policies and procedures; monitor and track student graduation requirements.
- Interpret and enforce academic rules and regulations; monitor academic standings; coordinate probation, dismissal, and dean’s lists.
- Aid in the maintenance of the school’s records in the database (Banner).
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, knowledge of Banner a plus.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands.
- Acuity for balancing the normal demands of a range of work and responsibilities.
- Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion.
- Solid critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Attentive to deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and cross-functional teams.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who will contribute to our diversity.