Bard High School Early College Cleveland
Dean of StudentsEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/110478
Bard invites applications for the position of Dean of Students of the Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) in Cleveland, Ohio. The position will start in September, 2023.
About the Bard Early Colleges
The Bard Early Colleges (BEC) are founded on the belief that, for many young people, college can and should start at an earlier age. Bard Early College’s simple idea - to begin serious college study in place of the traditional 11th and 12th grades, at no cost to students or families - has had an extraordinary impact on young people and on education innovation and equity in America. The Bard Early Colleges offer a truly unique home for young people’s intellectual ambition: as both tuition-free, branch campuses of Bard College and public high schools, they award a high school diploma and a Bard College Associate in Arts degree (and 60 transferable credits) by the end of the 12th grade. Students are taught by college faculty in undergraduate seminar classes, all deeply rooted in the liberal arts and sciences, reflecting Bard College’s commitment to excellence in teaching and in Bard’s mission as a private college in the public interest. Now entering its third decade, the Bard Early College network enrolls over 3,000 young people in campuses in Queens, Manhattan, and Hudson, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, D.C.
The responsibilities of the Dean of Students of BHSEC Cleveland include leading aspects of school climate and culture; implementing and monitoring the school's attendance procedures; coordinating outreach and engagement activities and events for parents and families; directing the student athletics program; coordinating student activities including field trips; coordinating student testing; advising students and providing other student support services.
The Dean of Students will work in concert with the Principal, the Dean of Studies and the faculty team to ensure that students' academic work is supported with appropriate resources and interventions. In addition, the Dean of Students is expected to meet regularly with the other school administrators and to teach one class each semester.
Compensation: While salary will be commensurate with experience, the expected range is between $65,000 and $75,000.
Location: Cleveland, OH
Expected start Date: September 2023
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Occasional travel (estimated once per month) to Annandale-on-Hudson, NY and to other BEC sites
The Dean of Students' professional and academic experience should ideally span both secondary and post-secondary teaching and administration, and, where relevant, scholarship.
The successful candidate for the position will possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Masters or doctorate in a liberal arts and sciences discipline (corresponding to the fields available for study within the Bard curriculum)
- At least three years teaching/working experience, preferably with both college and high school students
- Prior administrative experience in an educational and/or non-profit setting, preferably in a leadership role
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong commitment to equity and social justice with a desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Administrator certification preferred
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/110478
Please upload a résumé and a list of three professional contact references through the Interfolio job application link provided.
Questions: Please send your inquiries regarding the position to [email protected]