Bard College at Simon's Rock
Systems LibrarianEmployer Website: https://simons-rock.edu/early-college/contact-us/job-opportunities/index.php
Bard College at Simon’s Rock’s Alumni Library seeks a creative and energetic librarian to join a team-oriented liberal arts library staff as our Systems Librarian. The successful candidate will bring an innovative mindset, strong interest in open resources and systems, and commitment to critical engagement around equity and inclusion in librarianship and allied fields. Patron services and library instruction in support of the curriculum are a significant component of this position and this librarian will also participate in other aspects of library operations as necessary.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and socioeconomic levels as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE. The anticipated start date for this position is Feb. 1, 2022.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Administering and supporting existing library systems.
- Identifying, deploying, and managing new technologies to enhance library services, with an emphasis on open source solutions.
- Ensuring access to and technical support for the library’s electronic resources and systems.
- Overseeing the Library’s web presence.
- Teaching in the Library’s Information Studies curriculum.
- Providing expertise regarding emerging trends, resources, practices and standards in emerging library hardware and software solutions, data management, and access and discovery to enhance library services.
- An MLS or relevant education and experience is expected. Recent MLS candidates and current graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency with library technologies and capacity to acquire fluency in new applications with ease.
- Experience working with students and faculty in a liberal arts college setting.
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills.
- Strong commitment to instruction and student services.
- Effective communications skills in person, in writing, and online.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and students.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This is an in person/on campus, full-time, 12- month position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a cover letter that highlights relevant skills and experience and a resume to Brian Mikesell, Library Director, at email@example.com with “Systems Librarian” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape, practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued. In 2014, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year high school program for 9th- and 10th- graders on the path to starting college early.
The campus is located on 275 rolling and wooded acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the center of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires is a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.