About the Bard Early Colleges
Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high–school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 3,000 students in campuses in NYC; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Hudson, New York. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Cleveland, a partnership between Bard College and Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), invites applications for a faculty member in Physics to join our faculty for the academic year, beginning in August 2022.Position Duties
BHSEC seeks candidates able to teach courses in physics and related electives. Candidates will teach physics at the high school and college levels; candidates will teach courses in their fields of specialization, as well as interdisciplinary courses in the sciences.Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate in curriculum development (especially for new elective courses).
- Commitment to regular and ongoing professional development.
- Commitment to working with students individually and in small groups through tutoring, office hours and advising outside of regular class time.
- Communicate regularly with administrators, parents and other stakeholders about student progress and engagement.
- Participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service.
Bard High School Early College in Cleveland, OH