Bard Prison Initiative
Development AssociateThe development associate supports BPI’s Development and Communications team, and contributes to BPI’s fundraising efforts by providing support for the annual campaigns, foundation and donor relations, special events, communications, and development operations.
The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal skills, must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and have a strong background in computer and fundraising database applications, preferably DonorPerfect. This position offers a wide range of internal and external duties. A strong candidate will be a systems-oriented person who prioritizes error-free spreadsheets and reporting, accurate databases, and organized files, value open communication, and can manage multiple priorities at once.
Major Tasks and Duties:
Manage and maintain BPI’s database, email platform and other software systems to:
- support annual fundraising strategies including mailings, donor-facing communication, and development events;
- support BPI donor cultivation and stewardship efforts;
- support planning and implementation of sustainability campaign fundraising effort; and
- ensure accurate data entry and reporting within BPI’s DonorPerfect database.
- process all gifts in a timely and accurate manner;
- coordinate gift processing, reconciliation and reporting with Bard College Office of Development and Alumni Affairs;
- prepare annual donor listings;
- ensure all gifts are acknowledged in a timely and accurate manner; and
- assist the Director of Development and Development Team in creating and maintaining regular financial reports.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for development and special events;
- Support direct mail efforts for the EOCY and EOFY campaigns, including coordination of schedules, mailing list management and physical mailing;
- Provide support with regard to stewardship of existing donors, e.g. mailings following special events, sending gifts, etc.;
- Provide administrative assistance, including booking travel + accommodation, submission of reimbursement, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings for the development team as needed;
- Assist with marketing materials, gift purchasing, filing and other office requirements for Development; and
- Provide excellent customer services to all external contacts; answer the phone for the Development office in a professional and courteous manner.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/72197.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.