Plumbing Level 1Download: Bard College application of employment Oct 2019.pdf
Under the supervision of the Physical Plant Department, and as delegated within the Buildings and Grounds and Administrative Management for trades, utilities, Grounds, housekeeping, and general operations.
1. Perform all duties including, but not limited to, the installation, repair, renovation and upkeep of the college's water, wasie water, heating, HVAC, plumbing systems, and components such as pumps, circulators, valves, heaters, pipes, control systems, tanks, boilers and other related equipment.
2. Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
3. To operate and make use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
4. Operate vehicles for the purpose of transportation of materials and equipment in the performance of duties.
5. Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
6. Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
7. Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related campus systems.
8. Must have their own hand tools to perform duties in a professional manner.
9. Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required.
10. Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard college.
- Physical ability and willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Verifiable professional work experience in plumbing work and/or trade school certificate.
- Must have valid NY State drivers license.
The Bard College Application of Employment is attached and can be submitted by one of the following options:
Drop off: Human Resources office, Ludlow, Basement, 30 Campus Road, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Mail: Bard College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
FAX: (845) 758-7826
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.