Executive Assistant to the College PresidentEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/122443
Bard College is seeking an Executive Assistant who will report to the college President. This is a demanding position that provides administrative support, writing, research and logistical coordination for the President. This full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position is in person and located on the Annandale campus of Bard College.
This position is suited for those who have the capacity to work closely with the President’s office staff in a fast-paced setting while exercising sound judgment and a proactive approach to shifting priorities while maintaining a highly professional, orderly environment. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
- Managing ongoing scholarly projects for the President and contributing a high level of writing, editing, proofreading and research skills in support of these projects upon request
- Maintaining regular communication with the President regarding emergent priorities
- Responding to and drafting/editing correspondence, taking dictation
- Coordinating administrative functions integral to daily office operations, including answering phones, filing, managing correspondence and liaising with programs across the college
- Troubleshooting complex matters that arise in a timely fashion
- Communicating with high-level internal and external constituencies
- Providing administrative support for meetings and events in areas throughout the college
- Other tasks as assigned
- Commitment to Bard’s mission of building upon an existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on improving access to liberal arts education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience at the executive level
- Acute attention to detail
- Absolute discretion regarding confidential information
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive matters
- Ability to manage a variety of constituent relationships
- Excellence in the areas of problem solving, decision making and time management
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Technologically proficient, including MS Office, G-Suite and other computer programs
- Experience in higher education institutions or non-profit organizations is preferred
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional contact references including email address and phone number to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/122443
Applications will be reviewed as received.