Director of Health ServicesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/106614
Bard College seeks candidates for the position of Director of Health Services. The position directs and provides health services and programs for the Bard student community, responsible for all related policies and procedures, immunization compliance oversight and all other state and federal regulations, while also acting as the College liaison to local hospitals and community health resources.
The Director of Health Services will collaborate with students, the Wellness Director and other departments to identify needs for the design and implementation of prevention, wellness, and community health education programs in an effort to create innovative ways of providing effective services and outreach to students.
- Develops and manages the health budget, maintains supplies, oversees staff, plans maintenance and improvements to the health care facility
- Supervises the Director of Wellness Education
- Responsible for staff and facility compliance with all federal, state, and local health department laws (OSHA/infection control, professional licensing, CLIA-waived laboratory, DEA renewals, disease reporting, and HIPAA regulations and requirements).
- Maintains membership and engagement with the American College Health Association;
- Assesses and treats patients, including follow-up care, appropriate consultations and referrals; uses gender affirming language and makes gender-friendly referrals for TGNC students. Engages in case review with campus physician
- Develops positive working relationships with college departments, student groups and individuals, area health agencies, and collaborates with contractual providers such as college insurance brokers
- Obtains and maintains health records for students, including immunization status as required by New York State
- Administers immunizations as needed
- Performs specific laboratory procedures, (e.g. throat cultures, urine cultures, pregnancy tests, pap smears, STI tests, wet preps, venipuncture, etc.)
- Collaborates with Wellness, Counseling, BRAVE, Peer Health, Bard EMS, Athletic Trainers, and other departments to work toward improving health and health education on campus
- Serves on committees regarding student health and safety, equity and inclusion, and health/safety planning for events
- Coordinates with appropriate authorities on issues related to public health and assists with developing institutional responses
- Oversees the management and follow through of complex or emergent student health issues
- Supervises the development and maintenance of information systems for recording and reporting relevant student health service information
- Assumes other duties assigned by the Dean of Students.
- Master’s degree or doctorate degree from an accredited college or university
- Five or more years of progressively responsible nursing/health education experience
- Current New York State RN and Nurse Practitioner registrations Board Certification
- Current DEA registration or DEA-eligible Certification in New York State to practice in expanded roles, including general health care, gynecology and/or urgent and emergency care
- Significant clinical experience (including public health and/or experience in general health, gynecology, or urgent/emergency care)
- Current BLS or ACLS certification
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget
- Experience maintaining electronic health records and mandated privacy requirements
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge/experience in patient care and the administration of emergency first aid treatment
- Demonstrated commitment and experience developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to building an environment where all members of the college community are treated with respect and dignity
- Must possess impeccable judgment and discretion
- All other duties as needed or assigned.
- Must be able to push a wheelchair with a 250-pound patient and assist transferring patient to a recovery bed,
- Must be able to sit at a desk for several hours a day,
- Must be able to identify lung and heart sounds with a stethoscope in health exams,
- Must be able to discern a small splinter or tick in health exams and possess the manual dexterity and motor coordination to facilitate the removal of those objects.
- Must be able to position oneself on the floor to deliver CPR in emergency situations.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three references on Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/106614
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.