Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Full-Time Faculty: Natural Sciences DivisionEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/123647
Currently in its fourteenth year of operation, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program offering a liberal arts undergraduate education and Master of Arts in Teaching program in Palestine, with an enrollment of 316 students in 2022/23. AQB’s undergraduate program, taught in English, is rigorous, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which, in many fields, is a demanding research paper. Graduates of AQB receive two degrees: a BA or a MAT from Al-Quds University and a BA or MAT from Bard College (New York).
Al-Quds Bard College seeks a full-time faculty member in its Natural Sciences division, with principal responsibilities in its programs in molecular genetics and biology. The first of its kind in Palestine, the Molecular Genetics program at AQB is a rewarding and challenging, multidisciplinary program of study that prepares undergraduate students to have a comprehensive knowledge base and flexible training in molecular genetics.
The successful candidate will have strong teaching and research experiences in molecular biology, genetics and related areas of study. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the faculty member will mentor undergraduate students in conducting their research senior projects as well as participate in course, curriculum and program development. Full-time faculty teach three courses per semester, supervise a minimum of two senior projects, and are assigned a group of advisees to whom they provide academic guidance throughout the year. Faculty are expected to engage in community service to contribute to the development of AQB. This includes, but is not limited to, participation in academic committees, admissions interviews, moderation and senior projects boards, faculty development workshops, faculty meetings, and additional administrative tasks, as needed. AQB faculty are also engaged regularly in activities of the Open Society University Network, a global enterprise that provides opportunities for collaborative teaching, research, and professional development through in-person and virtual exchange.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or Biotechnology from a university of recognized standing.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience at the university or college level.
- Experience in genetics, bioinformatics and molecular biology methods.
- A minimum of 5 years research experience is preferred, and have demonstrated scholarly achievement with a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Must have the ability to obtain extramural funding.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of AQB to provide student-centered teaching, foster critical thinking, and incorporate writing into most courses.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to communicate in fluent English, and ability to communicate in Arabic is a plus.
Please submit a CV, a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position, evidence of teaching effectiveness (student evaluations and Syllabi) and three letters of reference through Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/123647
Review of applications will be on a rolling basis beginning on April 30th 2023.