Bard College at Simon's Rock
Archivist and Early College Research Institute Program ManagerReporting to the Director of the Alumni Library, the Archivist and Early College Research Institute (ECRI) Program Manager will provide support and oversight for ECRI collections, oversee day-to-day operation of ECRI, and collaborate with the library staff broadly on a range of aspects of library operations. We seek team-oriented individuals with an interest in archives and libraries to help develop and foster inclusive and welcoming collections and services in an environment where diverse perspectives are valued.
- Maintaining the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI collections, including processing new materials and managing projects related to existing collections
- Responding to inquiries and research requests, both internal and external
- Identifying and developing new collections and collecting areas for the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI
- Communicating with multiple departments and constituencies to ensure smooth and continuous transfer of materials into the collections
- Developing ECRI program literature, website content, and promotion strategies
- Serving as a managing editor of Early College Folio and participating as needed in related publishing initiatives
- Providing instruction in support of the curriculum related to ECRI and the Simon’s Rock Archives
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science, an allied field, or equivalent relevant experience; coursework in history, oral history, ethnography, or other subjects relevant to archives is desirable
- Proficiency with widely-used computer programs and a level of computer literacy sufficient to learn new applications with ease
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing
- Highly organized and capable of working both collaboratively and independently
- Experience with, demonstrated knowledge of, or appreciation for the early college idea
- Ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic levels as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. Research suggests that women and people of color may not apply for positions when they feel they do not meet all of the qualifications or have experience with each of the responsibilities. If you feel you could be successful in this position, but do not meet the qualifications or have experience with the responsibilities listed, please contact us!
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time, 12-month, in-person position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. COVID-19 vaccination with booster(s) or approved exemption is required as a condition of employment at Simon’s Rock. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Brian Mikesell, Library Director, at [email protected] with “Archivist and ECRI Program Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.