Bard College at Simon's Rock
Writer and Digital Content ProducerBard College at Simon’s Rock seeks a creative, efficient, and versatile writer and digital content producer to join the Marketing and Communications team.
The writer and digital content producer reports to the director of marketing and communications and plays a key role on the team, which is collectively responsible for creating a variety of external communications including advertising and marketing materials, website and social media content, program descriptions, student and alumni profiles, publicity, and magazine feature articles to promote academic programs, campus life, and fundraising. The writer should be adept at writing news stories and human interest features as well as compelling copy for advertisements, brochures, and social media with the ability to publish content across a variety of digital platforms The Marketing and Communications department is a collaborative environment and this position will contribute to projects across a variety of media.
As a team member, you’ll be contributing to a unique learning environment where students start college early. The mission of Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon's Rock is to inspire the curiosity and creativity of motivated younger scholars with a challenging, empowering, and inclusive education in the liberal arts and sciences. Our commitment to cultivating and maintaining a welcoming environment of equity and inclusion extends beyond the classroom to every member of the campus community.
- Conceive, write, edit, and publish content for a variety of media including social channels, e-newsletters, websites, and print pieces
- Write human-interest features and timely news pieces
- Create concise, compelling copy for marketing and advertising
- Collaborate with stakeholders, conduct interviews, and research stories
- Copy edit, fact-check, and proofread, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Collaborate on the institution’s social media, including pitching story ideas, writing copy, and publishing content
- Ability to craft stories that speak to the hearts and minds of a unique audience and motivate them to act
- Ability to communicate the school’s brand and messaging points in marketing pieces with eloquence and impact
- Command of language and vocabulary
- Comfort with receiving and interpreting feedback from multiple sources
- Comfort with writing for a variety of media and audiences and the ability to adapt academic writing to appeal to a broad audience
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with social media and other digital communications platforms and applications
- Interest in the unique educational model and mission of Simon’s Rock
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a major that involved substantial writing
- At least two years of writing experience, preferably in higher education or an independent secondary school
- Experience writing for enrollment marketing and fundraising
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography and video production skills, ability to identify and execute on ways that photography and video can enhance and complement text
- Experience writing for and about diverse people
Located in Great Barrington, MA, Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the country’s only residential college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college after the 10th or 11th grade. At Simon’s Rock, students may choose to transfer after two years with an AA degree that is highly respected by some of the most prestigious colleges and universities, or stay for four years to complete a BA in a remarkably individualized program.
Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock is the nation’s only two-year high school that provides guaranteed admission to early college after 10th grade to one of the most respected academic institutions in the United States, Bard College at Simon’s Rock. We haven’t condensed high school; instead, we’ve created a program that takes a collegiate approach to learning. Unlike many high schools, at Bard Academy, asking questions is not a distraction, but a welcome starting point for intellectual discovery in a truly academic, inclusive, and supportive community.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic levels. Please send a cover letter, résumé, three writing samples/case studies and contact information for at least three references to email@example.com (please include “Writer” in the subject line). No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.