Bard Early College Network
Development CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/109966
Location: Queens, NY or Annandale-On-Hudson, NY
Open Date: Jul 16, 2022
Job Title: Development Coordinator (Bard Early Colleges)
The Development Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position of Bard Early College. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
The Development Coordinator brings an existing foundation of development experience to the team, and is charged with managing our donor database systems, donor prospect research, gift acknowledgment procedures, annual appeals, and other regular systems and processes. This opportunity comes at a critical and exciting time for Bard Early College: now in its 20th year, the organization is celebrating the successful launch of new schools and initiatives, and its role in leading a national conversation to rethink college access in the public sphere. The Development Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director for External Relations of Bard Early College to support development department efforts and ensure Bard Early College is able to reach our ambitious fundraising goals.
About the Bard Early Colleges:
The Bard Early Colleges (BEC) are founded on the belief that, for many young people, college can and should start at an earlier age. Bard Early College’s simple idea - to begin serious college study in place of the traditional 11th and 12th grades, at no cost to students or families - has had an extraordinary impact on young people and on education innovation and equity in America.
The Bard Early Colleges offer a truly unique home for young people’s intellectual ambition: as both tuition-free, branch campuses of Bard College and public high schools, they award a high school diploma and a Bard College Associate in Arts degree (and 60 transferable credits) by the end of the 12th grade. Students are taught by college faculty in undergraduate, seminar classes, all deeply rooted in the liberal arts and sciences, in Bard College’s commitment to excellence in teaching, and in Bard’s mission as a private college in the public interest.
Now entering its third decade, the Bard Early College network enrolls over 3,000 young people in campuses in NYC; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Hudson, New York.
Those eight campuses are supported by a central leadership team, which is a division of Bard College. Bard invites applications for a creative, proactive, and mission-driven individual who will join that team as Development Coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To maintain the donor relationship management database, including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries.
- To conduct research on donor prospects and elevate funding opportunities that relate to the work of Bard Early College.
- To track incoming gifts, ensure that gifts are accurately recorded, and that donors are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- To coordinate donor cultivation and solicitation mailings, including direct email and other appeals.
- To support the creation and dissemination of donor communications via various platforms, such as MailChimp, Paperless Post, Canvas, etc.
- To analyze donor giving patterns with a view to increase donor retention, elevate donor giving, and re-engage lapsed donors.
- Partner with the Assistant Director for External Relations to coordinate and execute activities that drive cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects.
- To assist with individual donor stewardship, letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation notes, and other communications via phone and email.
- To assist with preparation of the annual report and other reports, as needed.
- To coordinate logistics associated with special events, including the creation of invitation lists, mailings, registration management, vendor communication, special guest management, event promotions, and post-event follow-up.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Occasional travel (estimated once per month) to Annandale-on-Hudson, NY and to other BEC sites
While salary will be commensurate with experience, the expected range is between $55,000 - $65,000
Bard Early Colleges’ offices in either New York City or in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
Expected start Date:
September or October, 2022
The Development Coordinator should be, above all, passionate about improving public education for young people and committed to educational opportunity, equity, and excellence. Successful candidates will be able to express themselves with clarity, tact, and conviction. What happens in the BEC classroom is intellectually inspiring and socially transformative; the Development Coordinator will be able to communicate that in an honest and effective way.
The successful candidate for the position will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization. Prior development experience required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and research skills.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and comfortable working with databases. Experience with a constituent relationship management (CRM) database such as Raiser’s Edge or Common Ground preferred
- Responsive and reliable, with strong project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-faceted, team-oriented environment, as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Please upload a résumé that highlights your skills, what you’ve learned, and what you care about, by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/109966
For questions about the position, please send your inquiries to [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.