Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Queens is committed to increasing high school
graduation and postsecondary degree completion rates for historically underrepresented and/or economically disadvantaged students. This summer, we are hosting a summer program for 45 of our incoming ninth-grade students. The Bard DNA Summer Program is designed to support students from historically underrepresented and/or economically disadvantaged backgrounds in their academic and social transition from NYC middle schools to BHSEC Queens.
The program will promote growth in social and emotional connections to BHSEC Queens and develop familiarity with academic routines that will be important to incoming ninth graders in the year ahead.
We will be hiring faculty members in math/computing, science, humanities, and the arts.Opportunity
BHSEC Queens is seeking (3-5) faculty members to teach in our Bard DNA summer program. The faculty members will teach a three-week course in their area of expertise and will work closely with the Director/Associate Director of Bard DNA and Bard DNA Peer Mentors/Student Volunteers. Faculty members will immerse students in engaging coursework and connect with students to discuss strategies for academic growth and advancement.This year, the summer program will take place in-person at BHSEC Queens.
- Orientation and Training, for all Summer Faculty and Peer Mentors/Student Volunteers, will be held from Wednesday, July 6th - Friday July 8th.
- The summer program will run from July 11, 2022 – July 29, 2022
- From Monday - Thursday, the program itself will run from 9:00am - 3:20pm and faculty will be required to stay until 4:00pm.
- On Fridays, times will vary, as those days are set aside for field trips.
Summer Faculty will be compensated with a $4,400 stipend.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop an academic curriculum for the three-week program that builds academic skills and reinforces important concepts essential for success in 9th grade.
- Attend the Faculty and Peer Mentor Orientation and Training that will be held from Wednesday, July 6th - Friday July 8th
- Attend the Family Meeting that will be held in the evening on Thursday, July 7th
- Attend all field trips and celebratory events
July 6, 2022 - July 29, 2022Location:
Bard High School Early College in Queens, NY