Obtaining the FAFSA
You may choose any of these three methods to file the FAFSA:
- Login with the Department of Education to apply online (recommended).
- Complete the FAFSA as a PDF (must be mailed for processing).
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243).
Completing the Form
- The federal college code for Bard is 002671.
- Complete all pages; estimated information is acceptable if tax returns have not been completed.
- Make sure to sign the FAFSA. FAFSAs for dependent students require electronic signatures from both the student and parent using appropriate FSA IDs. You may apply for your FSA ID online.
- Print a copy for your records.
Output to School
- If Bard College is listed on the FAFSA, the Financial Aid Office will receive the data submitted on the FAFSA electronically from the federal processor.
- If corrections are to be made on the FAFSA, as per the verification documents, the Financial Aid Office will make the corrections electronically, if the student has not previously corrected the form.
- The federal processor may select certain applications for additional verification of information, such as citizenship, Selective Service registration, Social Security number, the number of people in the household, and the number of people in the household who are attending college on at least a half-time basis. The Financial Aid Office will pursue such additional verification from the student.