What We Do
Bard HPA provides guidance in:
- Course selection to fulfill professional school requirements
- Career path and alternative career path exploration
- How to obtain relevant research and practical experience related to the profession of interest
- Support throughout the professional school application process
- Committee Letter of Recommendation
While many students will choose to major in the sciences, Bard students can elect to major in any discipline and complete the pre-requisite course requirements to prepare for an application to schools in the health professions. The Pre-Professional Health Career Advisor works closely with students to ensure they are on track for meeting the requirements necessary, as well as working toward compiling a competitive application for their chosen professional pathway.
Once admitted to Bard, there are no formal requirements to pursue a major suitable for the health professions other than the course, Moderation, and Senior Project requirements for the particular major (e.g., biology or chemistry). These can be found in the college catalogue or on the respective program website.