Extraordinary opportunities to thrive and achieve
Typically, Bard students have prepared for college by taking honors or advanced placement courses in a curriculum that includes:
- four years of English, social studies, and mathematics, and
- three (preferably four) years of laboratory science and a foreign language.
Yet admission to Bard does not rest solely on measures like these. We welcome ambitious, independent thinkers and look closely at each applicant. Bard presents extraordinary opportunities for students to thrive and achieve, and seeks students who will take full advantage of all the College has to offer.
Required Materials for the Common Application
All applicants to the Bard undergraduate college who choose to apply by Common Application must include the following materials. Additional application materials are required for International
, and Homeschooled
NOTE: For Early Decision Applicants ONLY, please also include the Early Decision Agreement form, which is online via the Common Application website.
- Common Application
- Application fee ($50.00) or Fee Waiver
- Teacher recommendations: We prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor, and one from a math or science instructor.
- Guidance Counselor recommendation and school report
- High School transcript (Include mid-year senior grades if available at the time you apply.)
Bard College Berlin
Earn your B.A. while living in Berlin! Bard College Berlin offers a Bard liberal arts education in the most vibrant of European cities. Study the humanities and social sciences in an international, interdisciplinary setting with access to world-class arts and culture. Learn more about Bard College Berlin