BardPrint is a declining balance program that puts a non-cash value subsidy of $37.50 on your Bard ID for printing and copying. The goal of BardPrint is to make convenient quality printing and copying available in a way that is sustainable and affordable for most, if not necessarily all, printing costs in all semesters.
Printing in the Computer Labs
1. From the Print menu, choose a Bard printer (All_Campus_BW). This will route your job to any printer you choose.
2. To turn on/off two-sided printing select:
4. Go to any of the printers and swipe the mag strip on your Bard ID. Swipe from right to left, up or down, it doesn’t matter. You will see the Account screen with your current balance.
5. Press the OK button.
6. You will see a list of the jobs by filename that you’ve sent to the printer. Press the box next to the job you’d like to print. A ✓will appear next to the job(s).
7. Press the Print button on the bottom of the screen.
8. Pick up your print job(s) from the printer tray and press the Logoff button on the screen or the ID button on the printer.
NOTE: If you receive a message saying something like:
“User is locked on terminal newhend_fl1_nlab_02”
This means that you are currently logged in on another printer. You’ll have to go to that printer, re-swipe your card, and log yourself off.
Your allowance is charged as follows:
Bard Mobile Print
There are two methods to utilize MobilePrint:
1. Visit the web application at mobileprint.bard.edu
- Click Login with your Bard Account.
- Login with your Bard credentials (CAS Authenticated).
- From here you can view your job activity, submit jobs by uploading documents, preview, delete, and see your available funds, etc.
- To log out, go to the upper right hand corner of the MobilePrint window, click the drop-down window by your name and click Log out
- Send an email with your print job as an attachment to email@example.com. Wait for a reply indicating that your document has been processed and is ready to be released.
Printer Pickup Locations
- New Henderson 24hr lab
- Old Henderson, 1st Floor
- Campus Center Lab
- Olin Language Lab
- Avery, 3rd Floor
- CCS Library and Stevenson Library
- Sawkill 101
- Laszlo Z. Bito Conservatory Building
The balance at the start of each semester is reset to $37.50 and will decline each time you make a print, copy or scan according to the following rates:
Single-sided prints/copies……………….4 cents each
Double-sided prints/copies………………7 cents each
Scans……………………………………….1/2 cent each
This translates to 937 single-sided prints/copies, or 1,070 double-sided prints/copies, or 7,500 scans that you can send to your computer, in whatever combination you choose. If your initial semester balance runs out, you will need to add value to a FLEXprint account at the Student Accounts Office by cash or check. So, according to the rates above, $10 will get you an additional 200 copies. The Student Accounts Office, open Monday-Friday / 9am-5pm, is located on the first floor of the B&G building directly in front of the Reem-Kayden Science Center.
The quota gets reset at the start of every semester. If you run out of your quota you can add value to your card (cash or check) by going to the Student Accounts office located on the 1st floor of B&G.Need to Print in Color?
- Email your document as a PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick up your document at Central Services located next to B&G.
- Price: 40¢ per 8.5 x 11″ sheet.