Administrative – video conference rooms
Bard IT has two conference rooms available for Bard faculty and staff to reserve for small group or administrative video conferences.
Henderson 303 (3rd Floor of Old Henderson – seats 10)
• Polycom HDX7000, table microphone, dual large screen displays, conference table, iMac
Henderson 314(3rd Floor of Old Henderson – seats 5)
• iMac, webcam and microphone, large screen display, small conference table
Contact Rae Ann Moore (email@example.com, 845-758-7183) to inquire about the availability of the Old Henderson conference rooms or use the link below to make your room request online.
Old Henderson Conference Room Request
Academic – video conferenced courses
Bard exploits the benefits of shared instructional technology, via global communication networks and the Internet. The prime example of this is the Bard-Smolny Virtual Campus project, which uses real-time video conferencing to link students and faculty at Bard with colleagues at the Smolny College of the Russian State University of Saint Petersburg. This state-of-the-art technology reinforces curricular exchange and is a vital component in educational collaboration at an international level.
Planning to incorporate a video conferencing component into your Bard-based course?
Academic Technology Services can help plan, implement and support this aspect of your course.
Past VC courses include:
- Bard-Smolny Virtual Campus – co-taught courses offered by faculty members located at Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, New York) and at Smolny College (St. Petersburg, Russia).
- Seminar-to-Seminar courses between Al Quds University (Abu Dis, a neighborhood of East Jerusalem in the West Bank) and Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, New York).
- Courses between Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, New York) and Bard College at Simon’s Rock (Great Barrington, Massachusetts).
- Courses between Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, New York) and Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) in Queens, New York.
Request Support for a Video Conference Course