The Networks and Systems department is responsible for the computing infrastructure and architecture for Bard College in support of the overall mission of Bard Information Technology.
Network & Systems is managed by David Brangaitis.
What We Do
The Network team is responsible for the reliability, security, and overall architecture of the campus data network.
- Wired and wireless networking
- Campus Internet access
- Datacenter networking including server and storage connections
- Bandwidth management
- Security and network violation enforcement
System - Servers
The System Administration team is responsible for the physical infrastructure, servers, and server-related issues.
- Datacenter maintenance and planning
- Server hardware maintenance, upgrades
- Server operating system support
- Server storage, backups, and redundancy
- Server and application performance tuning and balancing
- Virtual server infrastructure
System - Software
The System Administration team is also responsible for many of the applications used for Bard’s academic and business needs.
- Account provisioning/deprovisioning
- Email transport, storage, account maintenance, spam prevention, and security
- Webserver setup, performance, and security
- Academic application support and troubleshooting
- Business application support–printing, debit, access control, etc.
Network Issues, Technical Assistance, and Logins: